The WorldSkills Africa Swakopmund 2022 Media Centre was located on the fifth floor in the Orange Executive Room. All journalists and media practitioners wishing to cover the event in person were required to first report to the Media Centre to complete a registration form, whereafter they were accredited to cover the event.
The daily operating hours were from 09:00 to 18:00, except for the days of the Opening Ceremony and the Closing Ceremony, on the 28 March 2022 and the 02 April 2022, respectively, when the Media Centre was closed at 21:00.
Our Media Centre provided journalists and media practitioners with the latest event information, images, downloads and relevant links. It offered a professional, yet relaxing environment for those wishing to access media content and resources, related to WorldSkills Africa Swakopmund 2022; including ceremonies, excursions and media conferences.
Furthermore, through a dedicated and fit-for-purpose cloud solution, the Media Centre offered access to high resolution photographs and videos of all of our activities, which were uploaded on a daily basis. Photos or videos downloaded through the cloud solution were to be credited with the following statement:
“Photos and footage by WorldSkills Africa. All rights reserved. Used by permission”.
Official press releases were uploaded on this website in order of date.
The WorldSkills Africa Swakopmund 2022 Opening Ceremony on 28 March 2022, as well as the Closing Ceremony on 2 April 2022 were broadcast live on NBC1. Coverage for both events started at 18:00. (Time Zone: Central African Time (UTC +2)). Journalists and media practitioners wishing to cover the two events were to be accommodated on the media room balcony on the fifth floor, from where they had an unobstructed view of the main stage. No journalists, were allowed on the guest floor for the duration of the two events.
- Broadcast feeds for both events were to be streamed simultaneously on the WorldSkills Africa Swakopmund 2022 official social media account platforms. These were:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/WorldSkillsAfrica/, and
YouTube – htpps://www.youtube.com/channel/UccVEwRtF8YywY5wmGD7v1aw
- The live broadcasts of the two ceremonies were accessible to Namibian audiences via the NBC1 television broadcast channel. Subscriber viewers in countries forming part of the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) were also able to watch the live broadcasts on Multichoice’s terrestrial DsTV platform on Channel 282.
- For continental/international media houses, access to these broadcasts was made available via a Real Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP) feed, which was supplemented by a dedicated Cloud service (20 terabytes capacity), making it possible to share a high-quality feed with about 100 media houses/journalists, at any given time. Participating countries who had arranged for access to the RTMP feed were able to relay this television feed via their national broadcasters to television audiences in their respective countries. .
In partnership with the Namibian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC), WorldSkills Africa Swakopmund 2022 will feature three different daily television/streaming broadcast slots, from 29 March 2022 to 01 April 2022. (Time Zone: Central African Time (UTC +2)):
- 09:00 – 10:00 – WSAS2022 Television Magazine Show
- 12:00 – 13:00 – WSAS2022 Television News Bulletin
- 18:00 – 19:00 – WSAS2022 Television Evening Talk Show
As is the case with the live broadcasts of the Opening Ceremony and the Closing Ceremony, the daily broadcasts are accessible to Namibian audiences via the NBC1 television broadcast channel, as well. Similarly, continental and international audiences and media houses also have access to these broadcasts which can be made available upon request via a RTMP feed. Media houses and/or journalists interested in accessing the RTMP feed for this purpose, should contact the Namibia Training Authority’s Communications Specialist, Jethro Kwenani at mobile, + 264 81215276, or email, email@example.com
The live daily television broadcasts can also be accessed through the official WorldSkills Africa Swakopmund 2022 official social media account platforms, listed above; as well as through the ‘NBC Plus’ App. Subscriber viewers in countries forming part of the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) will also be able to watch these live broadcasts on Multichoice’s terrestrial DsTV platform on Channel 282.
WorldSkills Africa Swakopmund 2022 included an international Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Conference, from 29 March 2022 to 01 April 2022, under the theme: ‘Promoting Skills Development in the 21st Century for Sustainable Economic Growth and African Ownership’.
TVET experts engaged conferencegoers by means of topical presentations, with an overarching purpose of generating knowledge, sharing experiences, benchmarking and innovation. Since the official event social media pages were to be used for streaming of the daily live television broadcasts already, the International TVET conference was streamed live on the official Facebook account of WorldSkills Namibia – https://www.facebook.com/WorldSkillsNamibia/
Interviews were be arranged with conference presenters and panelists.
General (Events, venues, dates, programmes etc.)
|Namibia Training Authority
Mobile: + 264 812152676
TVET Advocacy Specialist
Mobile: + 264 813007300
|WorldSkills Africa Swakopmund 2022
Mobile: + 264 811427351
|Ministry of Higher Education
Technology & Innovation
Public Relations Officer
Mobile: + 264 811244669
Technical (RTMP, Cloud access, streaming etc.)
|Namibia Training Authority
Manager: IT Services
Mobile: + 264 811608855
|Namibian Broadcasting Corporation
Mobile: + 264 812313264